BREAKING: Court Sacks Dino Melaye As Senator, Orders Fresh Election
The Kogi State National Assembly and State Assembly Elections petitions tribunal have sacked Dino Melaye as the Senator representing Kogi West senatorial district.
This was in a judgement delivered on Friday by a three-man panel led by Justice Anthony Chijioke.
The tribunal in a unanimous judgment ordered for fresh election in the senatorial district.
- Tomorrow Mathematics GCE WAEC
- A Lagos state final year student shot dead by rival cultist.
- Vigilante group robbed and killed one Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) student.
- NECO SSCE JUN/JUL IS FINALLY OUT
- Court sacked Dino Melaye as senator
Senator Melaye of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was declared a winner in the February 2019 National Assembly election but Senator Smart Adeyemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) approached the tribunal.
Adeyemi challenged INEC’s declaration and cited irregularities, over voting and non-compliance with the electoral acts.
The tribunal in a unanimous judgment on Friday, therefore, upheld Senator Adeyemi’s ground and ordered for fresh election in the senatorial district.