. What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER = “How time flies”.
2. What is the title of Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= “Letter to my daughter”
3. What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
4. What surprised Aliya about her 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= She thought her dad copied Maya Angelou’s work with the title “letter to my daughter”, but was surprised to see her dad copied only the title and wrote the letter in his words.
5. What was the title of Aliya’s 12th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= Happy birthday my first lady, remember only God is greater than you.
6. Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
CORRECT ANSWER= Aliya.
7. In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medallist?
CORRECT ANSWER= Akin.
8. To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
CORRECT ANSWER: Not being intelligent.
9. What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
ANSWER = the letter.
10. What is Aliya’s mother’s profession?
11. What is the name of Aliya’s father?
ANSWER: Mr. Bello.
12. To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
13. At the birth of Aliya, what was her father’s profession?
14. The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
ANSWER: Achievements, not birthday.
15. The name of the writer of sweet sixteen is?
ANSWER: Bolaji Abdullahi.
16. What name disgusted Aliya most?
ANSWER: you could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
17. At What age did Aliya start wearing a bra?
ANSWER: at the age of ten.
18. At what age did Aliya get into secondary school?
19. What was Aliya’s perception of her roommate “Grace”?
ANSWER: She was a nice and generous person.
20. What was the proof that Aliya was serious in her chemistry for the term?
ANSWER: It reflected in her continuous Assessment and she made an A at the end of the term.
21. What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
ANSWER: Dumb girls.
22. According to sweet sixteen, what is the main aim of a chess game?
ANSWER: to capture opponents king.
23. Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s Day?
ANSWER: She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
24. What is Aliya’s religion?
ANSWER: Islamic religion.
25. What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
ANSWER: A portable digital Camera.
26. What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya’s 16th birthday?
ANSWER: Dressing her bed.
27. What are the definitions Mr. Bello gives as the meaning of dumb girls?
ANSWER: A girl who needs to live up to people’s expectation.
28. What statement does Aliya’s father make to end discussions during visiting days?
ANSWER: “By the way do you still have your inhalers”
29. What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
30. What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
ANSWER: “Well, it is a decision you have to make for yourself”.
31. Mention two incidence that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?
ANSWER: the duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly Tokunbo traveling to Ireland.
32. What is Bobo’s real name?
33. She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke, who is this?
34. Apart from Public relations job, another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
ANSWER: Stand-up Comedy
35. Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
36. What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
ANSWER: they are annoying.
37. What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
ANSWER: Miss Salako.
38. “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
ANSWER: To Akin because he pronounced mensuration as menstruation which made the whole class burst into laughter.
39. What was people’s perception of Grace?
ANSWER: People thought she was a snob because she does not like talking.
40. Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
ANSWER: the principal.
41. What was written on the teddy bears heart-shaped embossment that was given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
ANSWER: I love you.
42. To perform well in the terminal examination what did Aliya plan to do?
ANSWER: to improve her correct answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
43. At primary school, Aliya’s father was working with a?
44. Who is Tokunbo to Aiyu?
Answer: The first guy to tell her “I Love You”.